My Entries Me You Misc

Sunday, August 31, 2008
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Download-a-thon

Angela just gave me an award! Wow, I haven't had an award for years... thanks dude! Thanks really much! *hugz*


And this is

"
Brilliant Weblog
is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both
in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to
promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere. Here are the rules
to follow:

1) Put the logo on your blog.

2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3) Nominate other blog (optional)

4) Add links to those blogs on yours.

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
"


Now I'd like ter nominate these fantabulous BRILLIANTE blogs:

Steppy dear

Ate Kitty

Ate Scarty

Ate Val

Laurene

Meredith

Sarabeth

Tep

Sha Shinizzle

I love you all guys! *hugz*

My brother's going away this Saturday. Away = away for 6 months in Lisbon, Portugal to "study". OF COURSE HE WON'T BE JUST STUDYING! I can't believe that he's finally going to my dream continent (haha sorry Asia...) and to Lisbon. The beaches there are fabulous right? He'll be able to capture our heritage (my father says I'm part portugese coz great great great grandad was one. I don't know if it's true) and experience their culture firsthand. He'll be able to meet and talk to great people, eat great foods and see great sights. The lucky guy! And the best thing about going to Portugal is the chance of roadtripping to other parts of Europe. Oh well, good luck to him then. Sad to say, I'm gonna miss that sucker too, I mean 6 months is a long time and I have no one to bother in the house. EEEPP. For the meantime, I'll just stare at these pics.



Anyway, I'm in a very download mood! Maybe it's because I just recently debated the pro side of piracy and I have been itching to catch the movies I wanted to watch but I didn't get the chance to because a) the movie wasn't distributed in the Phils b) it's a classic and I can't find a DVD anywhere, fake or not c) I really wanna watch/read/rewatch/reread it now!

So far I've downloaded a total of 6 movies! Thumbelina (aww it's a classic and I can't find it anywhere!), Amelie(really wanted to watch this, didn't get the chance last time), The Nightmare Before Christmas(another classic that I sorely miss), Into the Wild(haven't watched yet but downloaded already, really good they say), Son of Rambo(really good one too!), Mean Girls(finally watched it! and it is good as they say), Anne of Green Gables series(there's a mini series! I can't believe it!). I've even expanded my download files with comic books and mangas! Comic books are really expensive and I just didn't want to fork out that much so I download them instead. Watchmen and Fables are going into my files. Will read them when I have the time now. hehe

I've found something VERY INTERESTING courtesy of Slashfilm. Somebody actually BUILT a real hobbit house! Take a look!




Adorable isn't it? The owner apparantly is an exteme environmentalist and decided to take a step further in helping Mother Nature by actually building an eco-friendly house.

Get these cool features!
  • Fridge is cooled by air coming underground through foundations
  • Skylight in roof lets in natural feeling light
  • Solar panels for lighting, music and computing
  • Water by gravity from nearby spring
  • Compost toilet
  • Roof water collects in pond for garden etc.
The interior is absolutely beautiful. I suggest you go to this site and read more about it and view more images. Someday, I might actually consider living in a house like this. Or even for a vacation home. What do you guys think??

Well I guess this is about it. TC guys!!

Updates when I update! :cool



Labels: , , , , , ,


Image hosting by Photobucket


|
stolen @ 1:22 PM