My Entries Me You Misc

Sunday, September 07, 2008
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Videos Galore!

My kabarkada (best friend, groupie, homie) Joan just bombarded me with such cute and sad little short(redundant much? haha!) films that I couldn't NOT share them! hehe.

The first couple of shorts were nominated in the Oscars last year and both are French. The first one features a husband impatiently stuck in traffic and decides to pass time by calling up home with his "new" (i think?) phone. Watch and see the twist in the end.



The second one features a very very sad woman who aboards the train. Sounds like a very boring premise noh? I assure you, this one's a really sad sad film.


The last one is a short animated film about.... CHUBCHUBS!! And what are chubchubs? Lolz. I loved this!!


Oh and I'd like to promote a film deemed Oscar-worthy next year by Sean Penn. It's MILK. I loved this little trailer. It's one of those trailers where special effects isn't the reason why you want to watch it.



A little info on Milk
"Academy Award nominee Gus Van Sant directs Academy Award winner Sean Penn as gay-rights icon Harvey Milk. Mr. Milk (1930-1978) was an activist and politician, and the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in America; in 1977, he was voted to the city supervisors' board of San Francisco. The following year, both he and the city's mayor George Moscone were shot to death by another city supervisor, Dan White. Mr. Milk was previously the subject of the Academy Award-winning documentary feature "The Times of Harvey Milk," but "Milk" is the first non-documentary feature to explore the man's life and career. " -Youtube description

My brother's officially leaving in 5 hours. Oops my bad everyone. He was going to leave today and not yesterday as I have earlier said. Sighs.. i can't imagine 5 months without anybody to banter with or to shout at. Home will be so quiet. It's really sad. I do hope he does well in Portugal and not waste 5 months of his life. It'll be hard to communicate though coz the time difference is a lot. 8 hours. urgh. Anyway, he has to take a lot of pics or else I'll bash him! hehe joking =)

I'm supposed to be writing now but I still don't have the zest. Urgh... why oh why has this been happening lately? I just wish I could sail off on a boat and venture off somewhere. My mom got me a credit card (cool!! yey! Color black pa siya, it looks really important) but sad thing is I'm probably never gonna use it this year. My bro and I share the same account and he's probably gonna take the bigger share since he's off in Europe and he has to buy a lot of stuff since he could only bring 20 kilos over there. Oh well.. hehe

Oh, and I got my dream grade, B IN MATH LONG TEST AGAIN! yes!! Sorry guys if my standards have fallen but I really have to face reality and accept the fact that I cannot A this subject anymore and my hopes are in the hands of Bs. If I still want to get on the dean's list, I really have to B this subject. I have to. It's a 6-unit subject. I was just so dumb that I C-ed my midterms. So dumb so dumb. Sighs..

Well I'll post again hopefully soon! TC!!

Updates when I update! :cool

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Image hosting by Photobucket


|
stolen @ 10:56 AM