My Entries Me You Misc

Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Discrepancy girl

I can't post everyday.. Urgh as seen from the title, I deem it impossible to update everyday because of this inspiration flings I'm having. See, I can't even do my English feature article or my Filipino film review. How procrastination works..

I've been meaning to blog a lot though, and thought of continuing my video blog but alas I haven't had some "me" time for a while. This reminds me of the situation of Jin dorming/staying in a condo at Katipunan starting next week. This is to minimize travel expenses of course. I so want to join her but my parents say that it's too "early" for me and maybe I should reconsider. But I feel for my parents, do you know that we spend 20k a month on gas alone? With 3 cars, that's okay but it's still A LOT! My gosh. Compared to 8k spendings when I stay in a condo, I thought that this was the only option.

But I guess my parents would be very worried and all... my dad's really protective and they're scared for my safety and all, and I guess they don't want to be alone this early. My brother's going to junior term abroad next month up to January so they will be lonely. I guess I should wait now that I think about it.. there's always next year.. =) But I really want to experience being independent and alone. I'll wait for my own junior term abroad.

I watched The Dark Knight on the openind day. Despite it opening on a Thursday and I had classes the very next day, I still pushed my sched just to see what the hype is all about. Everyone has been raving about and maybe calling it as the "best" comic book movie ever. I wanted to see if it can beat Ironman. And did it? Well Heath Ledger did.

Heath Ledger LIVED in this movie. Please pardon the pun, but he did give life to the movie. Every scene with heath ledger with it was bursting with action, drama and intensity. I don't know if he deserves an oscar nomination, but if there were a best actor for comic book movie history, then Heath would have won it. He's better than Robert Downey Jr (I can't believe I'm saying this) because HE IS JOKER AND JOKER IS HIM. It's philosophy even. He just transformed into this psycho killer who has this fetish for make-up. I really loved his acting and he was SCARY. Certainly a PG-13 film.

But sadly, TDK had its flaws. Bale was too stiff for me in this movie as Batman, I feel as though Heath took too much attention away from Bale in the beginning that I forgot that this was a Batman film and not a Joker film. But he did justice in the end anyways. And the guy who played Harvey Dent was awesome too! But....OMG THE PLOT!! What the heck, it was all in shambles in the later part of the movie. It reminds me of a quote from Mark Kermode of BBC five live about the problem in comic book movies is that they always run out of steam by the end of the movie and I agree. The ending was simply terrible. I don't want to give anything away, but the way someone died in the end, it just wasn't right. HOW COULD THEY? And even if ___ didn't die, how could they show that scene? Some of the scenes too were waaay over the top and so far-fetch that it wasn't believable anymore. The movie was too long too and they could have ended the movie around 20 minutes less.

Anyway, I loved The Dark Knight but it's not a 10/10 for me. I'll give it a 8.5. Same as themovieblog's. I love Ironman better though.. lolz!! Please don't hit me with rotten tomatoes! Bato bato sa langit and tamaan ay huwag magalit.

On a "real-er" note, it was my one of my best pals, Lourdie's, Birthday bash last Suday! She just turned legal (umiinom na sya!! haha jokez!) It was great seeing past friends again coz how I miss them so!! For some reason, you know that HS friends will stand out among your college friends. These people are the ones who have stuck with you through thick (very very thick) and thin (very very thin) and you have shared OODLES of memories with them. Eating fish with them last Sunday (thanks super lourdie for the treat!) was so relieving coz... I miss them so. College isn't the same but it's a whole new wonderful experience too. I just haven't grasped it much yet.

I'm feeling weird again. Ever since we discussed the poem "Pag-ibig"(meaning love in Filipino dear readers) by Jose Corazon de Jesus, I just can't take something off my mind. If you've noticed, after 4 years of blogging, I've never once talked/discussed about love. Or my lack of it then. I do feel the need to be loved, after all, I am a human being and every human has this psychological thing and always attracted to the notion of love. Why do you think love poems and love stories rule literature? Everything revolves around love: religion, family, my love for blogging, games, wars, death, why everything involves love. Being emo may seem the lack of love, but still, you're inwardly seeking for that impossible thing. I am too. It's just sad that I'm not the type of person who openly shows it, who openly declares it. If i like a person, I'll just keep mum, or stay friendly with that person. How do you show it? How do you show the ultimate feeling? I don't know... Will I ever know?

Love...when will you come? I've got love of family, friends and God.. you know what I'm talking about..

Reminds me of the love this father showed to his disabled son. Watch the video please, I'd really appreciate it. It's really such a wonderful clip. This son you see, asked his dad if they could join the hardest triathlon and the dad agreed. See what the dad did for his son. All for his son.




My Redeemer Lives - Team Hoyt

I have 104 posts now in my blogging history (in this site, I lost all my old posts in my old blogger account back 2005). Happy 104th post little bloggie, thank you for all the memories! =)

*Got this from Yenny! heehee I think I'll be doing this every week =)*

1. How was your day yesterday?
*It was like any normal day except I slacked off at home. College!

2. Who do you dislike most? People who are so dull to talk to, people who don’t recognize your talent, or people who are better looking than you? *People who are dull to talk to, must be fuunn!! hehe

3. When you we’re still single or if you’re single, do you tend to date people younger or older than you?

*Older haha!

4. Do you have any fears, phobias, or concerns about doctors?
*Noo!! i love House!! hahaa

5. What five things that you have done in life that you are most proud of? *I can say that I've been the top of my batch in the past, won 1st sa singing contest (unbelievable), programmed an inventory system, had 50 dogs, read more than 300 books, traveled to US

6. Are you an optimist, pessimist, or realist? Explain.

*Optimistic realist. Lolz! Haha as much as possible I see the good in a person but also realist in the sense that I know when something is really wrong.

7. Which is worse, seeing someone chewing their fingernails or picking their nose?

*Picking nose!! Wag naman kasi seen.

8. Would you rather kiss a stranger or someone you hate?

*yiiee! None of the above.

9. Would you rather be lost at sea or in a desert? Why?

*Sea.. It's cooler there... And.. I think it's more dramatic to be stranded sa sea.. haha!

10.Would you rather speak with God for one minute or add one year to your life?

*Speak to Him for one minute!! =)


Updates when I update! :cool

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Image hosting by Photobucket


|
stolen @ 11:01 PM